Friday, December 27, 2019

Ready Or Not

I first saw the trailer for Ready Or Not several months ago, in the summer.  I winced, then leaned toward my wife and whispered: "What the hell?"

We laughed at the stupidity of a comedy-horror flick themed on hide-and-seek. Then we dug into our popcorn and started watching the Marvel flick we were there to see. I didn't think about the movie again. Until I had a couple post-Christmas hours to kill with little to do.

The $5.99 I spent to rent it from Amazon Prime was a bargain! Ready Or Not was perhaps the most fun I've had watching a movie this year.

Yes, it was predictable. But it was "Yes!" to all the things more important: It was funny, horrific, well produced, and well acted.

Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover. But I sure as hell misjudged Ready Or Not by its trailer.




No comments: