Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's All About Perspective, I Suppose

My Dad made his living and raised a family mining coal. Even those of you who know little about the industry probably would guess--correctly--that the business is hard. Physically, emotionally and financially. It's a tough gig for the toughest among us, and requires a workforce that understands the importance and value of a strong work ethic.

I think growing up watching that work ethic is what makes me more-than-annoyed when I see stories like this: Lindsay Lohan reportedly overcome by heat. The story, in today's USA Today Online Edition, reports Lohan became overheated and dehydrated while filming for 12 hours in 105 degree LA heat. She required medical treatment, and was taken to the hospital.

C'mon...

Lohan was given a B-12 shot, and released.

Maybe I'll suggest that to Dad the next time I see him. Although he never complains, I get the sense his back and legs ache a bit. A good B-12 shot just might do the trick.

No comments: