Thursday, May 24, 2007

Make Me Fries (Pearl Jam Video Spoof)

I'm a serious fan of Pearl Jam. In my opinion, they became the best band of the last 15 years by doing it the right way, by not selling out.

Ever.

I think Eddie Vedder's lyrics are emotional, and thought provoking. But they are also often unintelligible to the listener. (Although that isn't a serious problem; listen once to Animal and you'll realize it's the raw emotion of the song itself that's important, not the specific lyrics.)

But, I digress...

I just found this spoof of one of Pearl Jam's best songs, Yellow Ledbetter, by way of Pop Candy. The real song is simply brilliant, but the lyrics are hard to understand. This well-done parody pokes some fun at that.


Watch it once for laughs, then listen to it a second time just for the song. It's that good.

No comments: