I can no longer watch movies that might fall into the torture porn category or --to be perfectly honest--those that are the slightest bit scary. I'm a sissy, after all. I'll stick to super-hero fare, animated flicks and Ed Norton movies.
But Mrs. Film Geek loves the horror. She likes it so much that she'll watch it alone, if need be. Which was just how she watched The Strangers.
Here's her take on the flick:
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "Not at all" and 10 being "Jesus, a whole helluva lot!" where do you rank The Strangers in terms of scary?
2. Does The Strangers compare to Hostel? If so, how?
MFG: "Not really. The killers in The Strangers seemed to get more thrill out of scaring than killing for the most part."
3. Is torture porn true art?
MFG: "Torture isn’t art. Porn isn’t art. The 2 together-- not art. However, the plot twists and turns of the Saw series are art, even though they involve torture. "
4. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "Not at all" and 10 being "Jesus, a whole helluva lot!" where do you rank how much you are in love with me?
5. If you had to watch The Strangers again alone, or Iron Man again with me, which would you choose and why?
MFG: "Iron Man, because Robert Downey, Jr. is extremely hot… er, I mean, because you are extremely hot."