Sunday, April 05, 2009

Mirrors

Mirrors is one of those movies where, while watching, I begin to re-write the script in my head. The ending of this Kiefer Sutherland movie, in particular, was one I hoped would turn out like this:

Sutherland's character, psychologically-unstable-yet-devoted-dad Ben Carson, is being kept from his children by his estranged ex-wife. In my ending, Carson would die, then become part of the mirror-ghost world he's encountered, and spend years watching and interacting with his kids through mirrors. With his ex wife never the wiser.


The last scene in my scenario would have Carson sitting across from his son, both cross-legged and talking to each other in hushed tones. But, Carson is in the mirror.

But, the movie went a different route.

Which is too bad for the audience.

2 comments:

Elvis Drinkmo said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who rewrites scripts in his head when he's watching a bad movie. I do it with TV shows too.

primalscreamx said...

You might check out "Let The Right One In." I was re-shooting it, making it spookier, adding tension, but funny... I wouldn't have changed the ending for the world.
My kid and I were making hand signs indicating kicking feet all weekend long.