Monday, September 14, 2009

Taking On Bullies

In 11th grade, during Business Law class, the guy sitting behind me thumped me on the head with his class ring. We'd gotten the rings the day before, and the guy thought it was funny to turn the setting portion of the ring so it rested in his palm, then thump me on top of the head.

It hurt like hell.

I leaned back, and told him if he did that again I'd punch him in the face. He laughed, and did it again almost as soon as I turned around. So during the lecture I stood up, stepped beside his desk and hit him in the mouth with my fist.

I freakin' hate bullies.




I wish Taylor Swift had kicked Kayne in the balls at last night's VMAs. He's a punk, and the worst kind of punk at that: one who bullies those more vulnerable than him, and those he knows won't fight back.








Photo by Jason DeCrow

4 comments:

Christopher Scott Jones said...

With Joe Wilson, Serena Williams, and Kanye West all getting slapped down for their bully behavior, hopefully this is one of those "teachable moments" that happens every few months on various socio-cultural topics.

The Film Geek said...

I hope so. Lordy, it's getting tough out there!

JD Byrne said...

I understand that when Beyonce won something later in the night, she had Swift come back up and finish her acceptance speech. If so, that was a classy move.

Kanye's only ever been good for a South Park punchline, AFAIC.

That Ifso Girl said...

Why don't I remember this? Was I in that class with you?

I gotta know, who was it???

--dianne