Random notes as I *watch* the newest Matthew McConaughey vehicle, Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past:
* McConaughey went deep into character while playing the coach in We Are Marshall. The strange hair, thick accent and 70s-style clothes didn't draw in the female audience. McConaughey looks really handsome in Ghosts...it looks as if movie producers may have learned a lesson.
* Damn it, he's so good looking I've become horribly insecure. I'm heading upstairs to get popcorn...
* If Dickens was alive, I wonder if he'd sue for some copyright or trademark infringement. Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past is such an obvious ripoff.
* I once nursed a cup of coffee for nearly 6 hours in Charleston, WV's Taylor Books, where Jennifer Garner sometimes hangs out when in the state visiting family. I'd heard they planned to stop in. They didn't. The coffee was good.
* That first ghost, the chick McConaughey's character Conner Mead first sleeps with, sure is annoying. I'd make it quick and get the hell outta the room, too.
* The answer: 5 times. The question: How many times during the movie will Mrs. Film Geek say: "You know, Matthew McConaughey and I have hugged."
* Scrooge, from A Christmas Carol, was more likable than Conner Mead.
* Michael Douglas has officially moved into the category of Actors Who Take Roles That Pay The Bills. Shame...