Sunday, June 04, 2006

Conversation Between Two Old People Out On The Town

The scene: Two not-quite-yet-middle-agers stand side by side in front of a row of movie publicity posters, trying to decide what movie they will see. They look somewhat confused, as if they are unfamiliar with many of the offerings.

The guy: " So...What do you want to see?"

The gal: "Well, I'd really like to see The Da Vinci Code. What about you?"

The guy: "Well...I was hoping to see X-Men soon. You liked the first two, didn't you?"

The gal: "Yeah, but that is a rental for me. I think I'd like to see The Da Vinci Code. You talk about it all the time, and you read the book. I figured you'd want to see it."

The guy: "I do, I do...I just kinda hoped to see the X-Men...But I'll see it next week, maybe."

The gal: "How are you getting out of the house without me and the kids next week?"

The guy: "..."

The scene: Both walk quietly and slowly into the lobby, where they pay $17.50 for concessions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! (At least you got out of the house this week....)

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»