Having WV Day off from work always feels weird to me. It doesn't seem like a holiday to celebrate, and it often occurs in mid-week, which causes problems with travel. So, I usually spend the day cleaning up around the house, or goofing with the kids.
On occasion, WV Day provides educational opportunities for me. A list of things I learned today includes:
1. Marie Osmond has her own line of lifelike dolls, which she sells on one of the home shopping channels;
2. If you are out of Draino and need to unclog a slow-draining bathtub, a wire clothes hanger snapped in two can be used to dig out the handfuls of hair;
3. Sesame Street is still relevant, even today;
4.Little kids love colorful stickers, and behave well to get them;
5. So far, The View sucks without Meredith Viera;
6. Little kids eventually lose their excitement over getting stickers for good behavior;
7.Although it seems like a good idea, you really can't re-use a wet Swiffer pad;
8. The mail does run on WV Day;
9. Chef Boyardee Ravioli still tastes the same as it did 30 years ago;
10. Avoiding a shower and a shave makes me feel sneaky, as if I'm getting away with not doing something that is otherwise pretty important.