Monday, January 22, 2007

Ron Carey

Like Soap and Hot L Baltimore, Barney Miller was considered a bit risque in my house during it's run from 1975-1982.

All the better for me to catch every delightful minute that I could!

One of my favorite characters on Miller was Levitt, the cop who was short in physical stature, but large in ambition. The actor who played Carl Levitt, Ron Carey,
died recently from a stroke.

He was 71.

AP
Carey also appeared in some Mel Brooks productions, including
History Of The World: Part 1.

His character Swiftus spoke my favorite line from that movie:

"Oh, you are nuts. N.V.T.S, nuts!"

...Maybe you had to be there.

Thanks for the laughs, Mr. Carey. And for making me think from time to time.

1 comment:

JD Byrne said...

Ah, Swiftus, the world's first agent. AKA "Dopus". What a great flick.