Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Snow Day Blues

Local schools were cancelled today because--and I kid you not--there is about half an inch of the white stuff on the ground.


Half-a-freakin'-inch!

I think I may start a Regional Bikini Slalom Race. That would be loads of fun. It's something I'm going to look into, and investigate.

A lot.


Anyway, the Snow Day has me hanging out at home. While the kids ride sleds down the hill, I'm drinking hot chocolate and staying warm.

I.Hate.Snow. I hate it hard!

So much, in fact, that I have the Snow Day Blues (SDB). The SDB's can affect people in different ways, but they make me a bit manic. And, they make me easily annoyed. Those qualities are probably not a terrific combination, in that they can be the cause of distress, moodiness or annoyance.

Or, the basis for a pretty poor blog post...

My list of Snow Day Annoyances include:

Over-exposed: USA Today reports on a new website, ParisExposed.com, that provides access to an "array of Hilton photographs, home videos, diaries, love letters, recorded phone conversations and phone numbers of friends and celebrities."
Seems the socialite left these items behind when she vacated a LA-based storage facility.

I guess her U-Haul was too crowded with bling to fit in all the important mementos of her personal life, and those of her friends and family.



Not again: Look, I love comics. And, comic themed movies rock! So, don't mistake my complaint. I'm happy that Ghost Rider is coming soon.

But, Nic Cage?!?

The guy showed some incredible chops with
Leaving Las Vegas. Then, hit the action scene hard. Every time I gather some hope he is coming back to do real character work, he signs up for films like this.

Paydays are important to all of us, I suppose.

tmz.com
So what: The only thing I care less about than the Rosie O'Donald feud is the battle the media is trying to brew up between Rosie and Oprah. The Roprah Feud.
This one will fizzle out soon. The Queen of Daytime is good at the silent treatment, and rarely calls people out.

I mean: She's never complained publicly about me.



Photo: Kenny Kemp, Gazette
We Are...From Other States: It just seems ironic that the biggest intra-state college game of the year, called the Capital Classic and played in front of a bunch of part-time state legislators features no starting players or coaches from The Mountain State.

And it won't next year either. Even though all the great players from Huntington High will be playing in college games somewhere, it won't be the Capital Classic. It's a shame.

Thanks for listening!

4 comments:

jedijawa said...

Wow! You covered a lot of ground in that post!

Barbie Girl said...

I, for one, love the snow.

JD Byrne said...

Yup, I was a bit stunned this morning when I saw Cabbell County was closed and Putnam was on a 2-hour delay. Nothing at all like Sunday morning.

Kelly said...

Sunday was horrible. I had to go to Charleston and saw at least 10 wrecks. Yesterday was nothing! Oh well, I, too, got to stay home.