Tuesday, May 13, 2008

High School Quotes I Remember: Quote # 4

(I make no judgements about content. I'm simply purging some of the clutter that's been inside my head since 1983.)

"Yeah, it looks nice. I like it a lot."

~ Me, to my 10th grade girlfriend on the day she came to school with new french braids, and asked: " Do you lke my new hairstyle?"

She looked so much like Princess Leia...


(No, no, not that Princess Leia.










Yeah, that'd be the one.)




...that I was embarassed.



I felt superficial and shallow, even while I struggled with the guilt and embarrassment. We broke up shortly afterwards.

We were both probably better off.


7 comments:

Buzzardbilly said...

Awww.

One of mine:

"Here let me help you out with that."--My mother to me as she walked up to me, placed her hand on my previously unknown-to-be-unzipped fly, then she zipped, patted my belly, and walked away.

I was standing beside a boy I'd known since kindergarten when she did it.

The look on his face right before he exploded into laughter was priceless.

I was mortified.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

TFG: Why is it hard to just be honest at times. Sometimes you just have to say this is not my favorite style. sometimes you are better off to say nothing at all.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

The guy whose locker was next to mine was a jock and a redneck. I was a punk chick who liked to have my hair spiked. One morning, I asked him if he liked my hair. He said, "It looks like shit." I laughed and walked away. Later, I was the first female at Marshall to wear the ever popular mohawk. You wouldn't believe what kind of crap I got for that.

The Film Geek said...

Buzzardbilly: That may have been worse! LOL

FG: It's much harder for a 16 year old. I'm really pretty honest now, but teens are still trying to figure it out, man.

ETW: Uh...I think I kinda remember a chick wearing a mohawk. :)

All Click said...

"I was embarassed...I had just got the exact same haircut".

primalscreamx said...

I was the kid who grew a beard in high school. I was so proud that I could grow a beard. I caught hell about it from the cheerleader at the next locker. Over and over, she bugged me about it, demanded I shave it before graduation. She was a real ass about it. I ignored her, let it grow and picked up my diploma with the beard.
The day after graduation, I bumped into her at a gas station. She didn't say a word, but she stared right through me. I'd shaved it off that morning. I really didn't like how it looked anyway.

larryosaurus said...

You're nuts! My tenth-grade self woulda worn that out! :D