Saturday, December 06, 2008

The One Where She Tells Me I Was Wrong (But Still Forgives Me)

(Continued)

Daddy,

Well, thank you. I appreciate it, and I forgive you. (;

But what bothered me the most was that I asked you not to talk to him, and you did it anyway. Then, you talked to him in front of all my friends. So, for the rest of the night, I had to deal with all of them telling me how weird my dad is! Which is not true, by the way. (;

But anyway, I really wish you hadn't talked to him. And yes, you were wrong to do it. It embarrassed me, and I'm sure him, too. And nobody wants that, especially in front of everybody.

But thank you, and I love you. (;

-Maddisen!

4 comments:

The Film Geek said...

Oh, we all know it's true, honey. And it's OK to say that out loud.

Read Me said...

What was the most embarrassing thing to you that your parents did?
Mine (and my sister's)was probably the gigantic, Alaskan-type coat with day-glo orange lining and furry collar my mom wore when it was really cold outside.
Odds are you probably covered this in another post ...

The Film Geek said...

Hey! I've not covered it in a previosu post, but it has been written already is should be up on Sunday morning.

It's not awful. But it illustrates how phenomenological embarrassment is. Perceived reality is as bad a reality, some times.

Spike Nesmith said...

Bless! I hope mine are as forgiving when I become the inevitable embarrassment. Of course, chances are my actions will be exponentially more embarrassing...