Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Things I Just Don't Understand: Couples Sitting Side-By-Side While Eating In Public

Once in a while at McDonald's, or even at more upscale dining like Long John Silver's, I see couples sitting side-by-side in a booth. Usually that alone gives me the creeps. Sitting across from one another promotes a face-to-face conversation.

When the couple doesn't talk, however--they just sit quietly, eating, side-by-side--I am perplexed by the behavior. It's too simple to say they're madly in love, and probably too big a stretch to say one of the couple is controlling.

Help me understand!

4 comments:

Neurotic Atty said...

Would that I could. I think it's weird, too. Beyond the conversation factor, I need my space when I eat!

primalscreamx said...

Maybe it's easier to cop a feel?

All Click said...

On the rare occasion that I do this, it is so we can people watch together. Or watch the TV. Or...steal things of the missus plate.

MountainLaurel said...

Sometimes, when I haven't seen my sweetie in a while, I like to sit next to him so that I can feel him next to me. Odd, I know, but then again, I am odd.