Sunday, September 09, 2007

Blades Of Glory

Pay close attention, and you can probably figure out my moods by the movies I watch. It seems lately that I may be watching movies because I need a good laugh or two. Sometimes 90 minutes of guilty-pleasure, mindless enjoyment is cleansing.

Blades Of Glory fit the bill.

Jon Heder and Will Ferrell are both quite funny in the story of a same-gender ice skating duo. I liked Ferrell's character Chazz Michael Michaels particularly for his faux-outlaw shtick. While I've yet to see a Ferrell performance I didn't like, I've heard others say they don't like him at all. Go figure.

Ferrell is so different in each of his movies, and I found myself comparing his role in Blades to some of his other film and TV work. While I like the movies in which he's the lead, it's sometimes his small role in some-other-star's-flick that I think he's funniest.

Here's my list of favorites:

5. Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back ~ Wildlife Marshal Willenholly

4. Elf ~ Buddy

3. Wedding Crashers ~ Chazz Reinhold

2. Old School ~ Frank

1. More Cowbell ~ cowbell-playing member of the Blue Oyster Cult, Saturday Night Live

(If you haven't seen that in a while, do yourself a favor and hit the link to the youtube posting of the skit. It's an SNL and Ferrell classic.)

1 comment:

Barbie Girl said...

Have you seen the "Landlord" video he did? Freaking hysterical.

I swear, Will Ferrell could stand on stage and chew gum and it would be hilarious to me. I love that man.

I so looking forward to Blades of Glory. Of course I also love John Heder.