Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Iron Man Trailer

The trailer for the upcoming Iron Man movie, starring Robert Downey, Jr, has recently been released.

You can check out the trailer at this link, or the embedded video posted by Ian on Fried Rice Thoughts. (I recommend Friend Rice Thoughts. And stick around and read his other posts. It's a wonderful blog, and he's a terrific writer.)

I wasn't originally eager to see this movie. In addition to Iron Man being one of my least favorite comic characters, I doubted the ability to make the iron suit work on film. My enthusiasm was bolstered a bit with the casting of Downey, who I think is a brilliant actor. This trailer makes me think I'll like the flick even more.

So far, so good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty interested to see this movie, actually...more interested than in most comic-books-turned-movie...Iron Man is an interesting backstory...the trailer looks pretty good

Christopher Scott Jones said...

Looks like they are going to be pretty faithful to the comics.

Think this can revive the ailing careers of Downey and Paltrow?

Spike Nesmith said...

I won't go and see it unless someone can guarantee that at some point, RDjr goes "iiii ammm iirroonnn maaannnn" into a desk fan, to make it sound like the start of the Black Sabbath song.