Sunday, December 26, 2010

Salt

Angelina Jolie scares me.

Swear to god, when I see her in interviews or movies I feel like I'm in 8th grade again, scared to death of talking to the prettiest girl in school. She's beautiful, ambitious, seems smart, and reeks of confidence.

Oh, yeah. . . and she can act.

Jolie would be a celebrity regardless of talent, simply on looks alone. The fact is, however, she has the chops to support her status as the go-to female lead if you want your movie to be a blockbuster. Over-the-top action or subtle and naunced, she delivers.

Every time.

Salt is no exception. Like Taken from a couple years back, Salt starts fast and keeps the pace throughout. Is she or isn't she? The answer is a bit obvious, but the flick is so well done you don't really care. It's fun, fast and thrilling.

Jolie wins again.

1 comment:

All Click said...

I know it's rare...but I gotta disagree with you on this one.

I would agree that Angelina Jolie was good I just felt that the story made me feel uncomfortable throughout the movie. The pay-off was not really worth the experience.