Wednesday, June 14, 2006

End Game

I sincerely hope Cuba Gooding, Jr. saved the cash he made from Jerry McGuire.

End Game sounds interesting: Gooding plays a Secret Service agent who fails to save The President from being assassinated, despite his heroic efforts. CIA and Secret Service high-ups may figure into a conspiracy, and military personnel are lurking in the periphery. In addition to Gooding, James Woods, Ann Archer and Burt Reynolds star. (As an added extra, West Virginia native David Selby plays a small role early on as a homeless informant named "Shakey.")

God, this film was awful. So awful, in fact, it deserves a significant position on this list.

While the plot has potential, the movie lacks energy, follows no real logic and suffers from Gooding's inability to..well, act. Face it: "Show me the money!" was cute and funny for about 20 minutes, but it ain't a career. This guy has no real chops, and should be relegated to an asterisk on the History of Oscar trivia game.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want to talk about new "bad movies," go rent "The River King," "Sound of Thunder," or "Suspect Zero."

Two of those I fell asleep during. Ed Burns is in the first two of those....so that may be the reason.

However, Ben Kingsley was in "Suspect Zero." That's why I expected more from that movie.

We burned "End Game." Thanks for telling me about it....now I won't have to waste time watching it.

jedijawa said...

By "burned" I assume that you mean that you lit it aflame. Surely you wouldn't be talking about less-than-legal activities... (jk) Ha!

I would have to agree on the verdict on Cuba Gooding, Jr. With the exception of "Rat Race" (the remake of the classic "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World") I can't think of a role where I've enjoyed Gooding's performance. No wait, he did play that heroic guy on the U.S.S. W.Va. in "Pearl Harbor", for about 5 minutes, but that wasn't the greatest movie even though it did have Jen. Garner in it.

Unknown said...

er...yes....I mean I set it on fire...yes! That's what I meant!